Built in 1907 by William Woodward, “Belair Stud Stable” was a home to Gallant Fox (1930) and Omaha (1935) – still the only father/son horses to capture the Triple Crown Series.
Governor Samuel Ogle, the original 1740s owner, is credited with bringing horse racing to Maryland. The Woodward family continued the 200-year racing legacy through the 1950s.
Displays interpret the stable history, famous horses, African American jockeys and the people who worked at Belair Stud. Vignettes in stables include agricultural displays and a recreated 1923 stable master's apartment. Waysides in courtyard focus on property restoration and people that trained the horses.
|Project:||Belair Stable Museum|